Friday, March 12, 2021

You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley

 

Have you ever had a dream that came true?

I have had this happen a couple of times and it’s always a déjà vu moment.  My favorite dream was when I dreamed the solution to a math problem in high school.  I woke up and wrote down the answer and then went back to sleep.  I wish that would happen more often!

Mia Graydon has been having dreams about a mysterious stranger for years.  Mia and her husband Harrison have just moved to a new small town.  Harrison is a doctor and after losing a young patient during a routine surgery, he wants a fresh start.  Mia is an artist, and she is trying to find her place in the small town.  What Mia wants most of all is a baby, but after another miscarriage, she is not sure it’s meant to be.  At a local store, she meets the mysterious stranger, Oliver, who has been in her dreams.  She discovers that Oliver has also dreamed about her too.  What does it all mean?  How will this impact Mia’s marriage?

I really enjoyed You Were there Too.  I like books that keep me guessing until the end and You Were There Too fulfilled that need.  I don’t want to say too much more and ruin the plot for everyone.  I enjoyed that the plot was unique and tied up all of the ends.  I also enjoyed the three main characters of Mia, Harrison, and Oliver.   I felt they were very well developed with no one being a villain.

We met for our book club virtually Tuesday at lunch and it seemed that everyone felt the same as me about this novel.  We liked it and how it was unpredictable.

Favorite Quote: “Maybe all that matters is that love is a circle. Infinite. Eternal. Present, even when the person you want to be there most is absent.”

Overall, You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley was a great novel with a unique plot and well-developed characters.

Book Source:  Copy from the Kewaunee Public Library.  Thank-you!!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. Good storyline and characters.

    ReplyDelete