Tuesday, April 20, 2021

An Invincible Summer by Mariah Stewart (TLC Book Tours)

What are your favorite family drama novels? 

Maggie Flynn is returning to her hometown of Wyndham Beach for her 40th class reunion.  She has been recently widowed, but is eager to catch up with her best friends Lydia and Emma.  While at the reunion, old memories are awakened when she runs into her high school boyfriend Brett Crawford.  Why did the golden couple break up so long ago?  What secrets do they still keep?

Maggie’s two daughters are also going through a rough time as well.  The story details how all three women are faced with tragedy and changes in life and how they move forward.  It’s a story of friendship and family.  I greatly enjoyed it.  I also really loved that the main character was a woman in her 50’s.  I feel like that age group is very underrepresented in literature.  I read this book quickly as I enjoyed the plot and the characters. It reminds me of what my Great Grandma would say was a “good story,” which meant a character driven story in which you really cared about the characters and their lives.  I would love for this story to continue.  I see on Goodreads that it is listed as Wyndham Beach #1 so I hope that my wish for more to the story happens with another novel!

Favorite Quotes:

“Letting go of the anger Maggie’d held on to for so many years felt like dropping a hundred-pound weight she’d been carrying on her back.”

“Friendship is complicated.  Families are complicated.  Love is complicated.”

Overall, An Invincible Summer by Mariah Stewart is a great character driven family drama novel.

Book Source:  Review Copy as part of the TLC Book Tour.  Thank-you!  For more stops on this tour, check out this link.

For a giveaway of this book, check out my Instagram (link is in the upper right hand corner of this blog).

5 comments:

  1. Older women tend to get sidetracked in stories and they have generally a good history that can be woven into a story! like this one. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, it sounds like you really enjoyed this character driven story. I enjoyed reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Mariah Stewart, I'm looking forward to this one. Thank you for being on this tour! Sara @ TLC Book Tours

    ReplyDelete