Sunday, April 18, 2021

Lord Edgware Dies by Agatha Christie


I read about the ReadChristie 2021 Challenge on Instagram and decided I wanted to join.  Lord Edgware Dies is the March pick, so I am a bit behind, but I’m going to keep on plucking along.  I just started reading Agatha Christie mysteries a few years ago and I’ve found I really enjoy them.  This challenge is a good way for me to read even more of her mysteries.

Lord Edgware dies is a Hercule Poirot novel.  It has an interesting start. Hercule Poirot and his friend, the narrator of the novel, Hastings, meet the American actress, Jane Wilkinson.  She asks Poirot to meet her husband, Lord Edgware to ask him for a divorce as she would like to marry someone else.  Poirot meets with Lord Edgware and is surprised when he is found murdered shortly thereafter.  All signs point to Jane as she has often talked about getting “rid” of Lord Edgware.  Jane was a party with friends at the time of the murder, how could she also have been seen entering Lord Edgware’s library at the same time? 

I greatly enjoyed this mystery.  Christie really knows how to have an interesting and intricate plot.  I had no idea how this would end, but as the pieces came together at the end, it made perfect sense.   This was a unique mystery and I loved it!

Favorite Quote:

“The memory of the public is short.  Already the intense interest and excitement aroused by the murder of George Alfred St. Vincent Marsh, fourth Baron Edgware, is a thing past and forgotten.  Newer sensations have taken its place.”

Overall, Lord Edgware Dies is a great mystery with an interesting and intricate plot.

Book Source:  Purchased from Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment