Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Christmas Miracles by Karen Kingsbury

 


Do you believe in miracles?  Although I am an engineer and work in a fact-based science world, I do believe in miracles.

Christmas Miracles is a short collection of true stories of miracles that took place during the Christmas season.  I love this description on the back of the book, “We have all experienced miracles.  An incredible chance encounter that changes everything . .. help that suddenly appears from nowhere . . . kindness handed to us when it is least expected.”  These stories were the type that brought shivers down my spine when miraculous events happen.

The author had the first story, “Have I Told You Lately.”  Her father was dying, and he discovered the song “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You” by Rod Stewart.  He called his family members and played the song for them to let him know how he loved them.  After he passed, his family members would hear the song during special moments or birthdays on the radio through the years.  When visiting New York City, Karen ran into Rod Stewart at a park out of the blue.  She told him the story of her father and he said that she didn’t know how much that meant to him right now at that moment.  They later reconnected on a TV show, and both told their stories.

I read this book one evening before bed and found it to be very inspirational. It was the perfect book to put me into the Christmas spirit and to realize how God works through mysterious ways.

Favorite Quote:

“I’ve learned over the years that there are some things we on Earth cannot explain when it comes to medical healings.  I like to call them miracles.”

Book Source:  Review copy from Hachette Book Group / Faithwords. Thank-you!  Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment