Saturday, January 13, 2024

Lady Osbaldestone’s Plum Puddings by Stephanie Laurens


 Title:  Lady Osbaldestone’s Plum Puddings 

Author:  Stephanie Laurens

Narrated by:  Helen Lloyd

Publisher: Stephanie Laurens

Length: Approximately 7 hours and 53 minutes 

Source: Purchased from Amazon.com

Do you have any specific subgenres that are a favorite?  I LOVE regency romance Christmas novels.  This seems like a very specific subgenre, but I love it.  I realized in December that I was lacking Christmas regency romance novels, so I decided it was time to return to the world of Lady Osbaldestone.  Lady Osbaldestone’s Plum Puddings is the third book in this series.

Therese, Lady Osbaldestone, is happy to welcome her grandchildren for a visit during the Christmas season to her estate in the village of Little Moseley.  The children gather donations for plum puddings to be made for the entire village when they discover that some of the coins they collected are ancient Roman coins.  Where did these coins come from and is there more Roman artifacts to be found?  

I love this series and I loved this book.  It’s a sweet and gentle story full of regency Christmas traditions.  The characters are fun, and I enjoyed the star-crossed romance in this book. I feel like I am visiting the village of Little Mosely each Christmas when I read one of these books.  I sadly only have one left in this series.  

I also enjoyed the cozy mystery in this book, and I was intrigued by the ancient Roman find myself.  It was a fun treasure hunt.

Helen Lloyd was a great narrator and I enjoyed listening to this audiobook.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't read a Regency Romance for years, but this sounds really appealing.

    Thanks for sharing your review with the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge!

    ReplyDelete