Saturday, January 13, 2024

Murder at Midnight by Katharine Schellman

 


Title:  Murder at Midnight

Author:  Katharine Schellman

Narrated by:  Henrietta Meire

Publisher: Dreamscape Media

Length: Approximately 10 hours and 49 minutes

Source: Review Copy from NetGalley

 

Do you like mysteries that are set around holidays?  I love cozy mysteries for all holidays including Christmas, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, etc.  I love holiday books and it’s fun to mix up the genres.

Lily Adler is a widow in the Regency time period and is planning on spending her holiday with her late husband’s family in the country.  At a ball, Lily meets new people with new secrets.  A snowstorm forces the guests to stay for the night.  A dead body is found in the courtyard the next morning.  Will Lily be able to determine who is the murderer among them?

This is book number four of the Lily Adler series.  I have not read the previous books and I feel like I would have known the characters better if I had.  That being said, I did enjoy the story and it worked as a standalone.  I loved the intrigue, mystery, and the interesting characters.  It also made me wonder what is next for Lily Adler and for her friend, Captain Jack.  I always love a locked room mystery, especially when it is at Christmas time and caused by snow.

Henrietta Meire was a good narrator, and I will be checking out more of the Lily Adler historical mystery series.

2 comments:

  1. I love both mysteries and romances that are set around a holiday. Especially when there's a snowstorm! I haven't read this series before, but this does sound like a fun mystery. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always struggle when I try to read a series out of order!

    Thanks for sharing your review with the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge!

    ReplyDelete