Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Talulah’s Back in Town by Brenda Novak

 


Have you ever been to a wedding with a runaway bride or groom?  I have not fortunately, but that doesn’t stop me from loving the movie Runaway Bride and loving this book about a runaway bride.

Talulah has been a runaway bride . . . three times so far in her life.  Her first jilted groom was her high school sweetheart, Charlie.  She returns to her hometown of Coyote Canyon, Montana for her Great Aunt’s funeral and to clean out her house.  Upon her return, she reconnects with Charlie’s best friend Brant.  Sparks fly, but can she settle down with one person? Charlie and his family still are upset with her even though it has been fourteen years and make her trip back very uncomfortable.  Should Talulah return to her successful dessert café in Seattle or should she start a new life in Coyote Canyon?

September has been a very hectic month for me and I loved reading this book. It was a great escapism read.  I enjoyed reading Talulah and Brant’s love story – they were an interesting couple with great chemistry.  I loved the small town setting, the secondary characters, and the forces working for and against Talulah and Brant. There was a bit of a mystery in it about a rock that gets thrown through Talulah’s window that kept me wondering as well.  I also loved the description of Talulah’s cooking and I really want to try out her carrot cake!

I would rate the steam level in this romance as high.

This is the first book in a new Coyote Canyon series, and I am looking forward to the next book in the series.  I read this for the Brenda Novak Book Group September pick.  I love Brenda Novak’s discussions about the monthly selections which can be found on her Facebook page.  The discussion on this book is tomorrow!

Book Source:  Review copy from NetGalley. Thank-you!  Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard good things about this one! (And I really like her name.)

    ReplyDelete