Wednesday, September 20, 2023

The Royal Windsor Secret by Chistine Wells (Bibliolifestyle Book Tour)

 


Thank you, Partner @bibliolifestyle @williammorrowbooks for the review copy of The Royal Windsor Secret by Christine Wells.

What type of book do you like to read to relax?  One type I like to read is more escapist historical fiction.  It’s a type of fun historical fiction with a bit of mystery, a bit of romance, and a high society life that I can only dream about.  It’s a stressful time of year for me and The Royal Windsor Secret fit the bill to help me escape and relax.

Cleo has grown up in Cairo Egypt at Shepheard’s Hotel.  Nicknamed “the princess” she has grown up with rumors that she is the daughter of the Prince of Wales.  She has the opportunity to travel to London in the 1930’s with Lord and Lady Grayson to make her debut.  She begins the search for the truth about her birth.  Is she the daughter of the Prince of Wales?  Who is her mother?  She also explores her true passion for designing jewelry and tries to decide if her childhood friend Brodie is more than just a friend.

The book alternated viewpoints at times with the French courtesan Marguerite Meller and how she became a courtesan and started a relationship with David, the Prince of Wales.  It was very interesting.  I didn’t realize she was a real person until the fascinating author’s note at the end of the novel. I had only ever heard of David’s relationship with Wallis Simpson. The novel ranged from World War I to post World War II from Egypt to Paris to London.  I loved the timeline and the settings.  It was an interesting story, and I was intrigued by the mystery aspect.

The Royal Windsor Secret was published on September 12th.

1 comment:

  1. This was one I featured on Can't Wait Wednesday but have yet to read. Glad you reviewed and liked it! It'll go on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete