Sunday, January 3, 2021

An Ivy Hill Christmas by Julie Klassen


 Julie Klassen writes wonderful clean regency romances.  I greatly enjoy them.  She has written a three book Ivy Hill series and has added to it with An Ivy Hill Christmas novella.  This novella is a standalone work.  It is nice to see favorite characters appear, but the story is its own and focuses on a side character who is briefly mentioned in the other novels.

 Richard Brockwell is the youngest son of the prominent Brockwell family.  He stays in London secretly working on his writing, but his family believes he is just enjoying a fun bachelor lifestyle.  His mother cuts off his funding unless he returns home for Christmas to visit the family.  She would like him to marry a local beauty.  He knows old family secrets and does not want to be married.  Will Richard find love?  Will he find meaning to his life?  Can he put away old grievances?

 I greatly enjoyed this novel.  I love regency Christmas stories.  They are my favorite subgenre.  I really loved the theme of forgiveness in this novel.  I loved seeing Richard’s growth as he realizes his place in the world.  It was also a nice love story between Richard and Arabella Awdry.  Arabella is an interesting character who is very interested in philanthropy work.  I enjoyed that she had a mind of her own.  The novel had a few nods to Pride and Prejudice which I loved.

 This is my last Christmas review for the season!

 Favorite Quotes:

“Love and forgiveness are not something you earn.  They are gifts.”

 Overall,  An Ivy Hill Christmas is a not to be missed regency Christmas romance.

 Book Source:  Review Copy from Bethany House via Netgalley.  Thank-you!!

2 comments: