Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Emotional Endurance: Faith-Fueled Skills for Bouncing Back by Leslie M. Bosserman

 


Do you read self-help books?  If so, do you have a favorite?  If not, what topic would tempt you to read a self-help book?

Emotional Endurance is a self-help book that blends psychological research with biblical wisdom to help to build resilience. 

My thoughts on this book:

·       Why do we need emotional endurance?  I liked this quote, “Our strength is how much we’re able to handle before thing get hard, and our endurance is how far we can go after it’s hard.” 

·       I also liked this definition of emotional endurance, “Emotional endurance is the dynamic interior capacity to keep going and rise above our circumstance as we deal with life’s stresses and challenges.”

·       I think emotional endurance is something we all need and can all work on.

·       This was a very interesting book with great tips.

·       This was a beautiful edition.  It was hardcover with a beautiful cover with glossy pages.

·       It goes through six principals of emotional endurance including:

o   Fortitude to Fail

o   Resilience to Rise

o   Hope to Heal

o   Courage to Change

o   Energy to Engage

o   Purpose to Persevere

·       I found the tips to be thoughtful and useful and I feel I will be rereading this book in the future to remind myself of the principals.

·       I liked how the author included personal stories throughout the book to explain the why of the principal and the skill.  Each principal is subdivided into skills which are short chapters. 

·       There are thoughtful questions to get you thinking about the skill and how to apply it.

·       There is a reflect & connection at the end of each chapter/skill.  I found them to be useful for how to move forward with each new skill.

·       Chapters are short and easy to read.

Overall, Emotional Endurance:  Faith-Fueled Skills for Bouncing Back by Leslie M. Bosserman is a very useful self-help book that one can use to think about and improve your overall emotional endurance to make it through life’s struggles.

Book Source:  Review copy from @tnzgift @leadwithintention @tlcbooktours as part of the TLC Book Tour.  Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment