Sunday, September 20, 2026

Summer State of Mind by Kristy Woodson Harvey

 


Title:  Summer State of Mind

Author:  Kristy Woodson Harvey

Narrated by:  Cassandra Campbell, Stephanie Einstein, Matt Pittenger

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio

Length: Approximately 11 hours and 21 minutes

Source: Review copy from Simon & Schuster Audio. Thank-you!

On this last official weekend of summer, did you have any last-minute adventures or summer reads?

Baseball coach Mason and his star student Drew, find a newborn in a dumpster behind the school.  They rush it to the hospital and meet nurse Daisy who has just moved to the area.  As Daisy falls in love with the newborn, will she be able to foster and keep the child?  Mason and Daisy feel a spark – will they start a romance?  Who abandoned the child?

My thoughts on this book:

·       I loved the community and characters in this book.

·       Daisy and Mason both had past issues they had to work through to move forward to a happy life. 

·       This was a great summer beach read.  I found it to be highly entertaining.

·       One of my favorite characters was Aunty Tilly.  She has multiple personalities but takes a step forward in her life by starring in Hello Dolly.  Will she be able to face her past and move into the future?

·       I just love stories where babies are found – I don’t know why.  I guess it’s a happy story where a baby I rescued by someone who loves it.  Rilla of Ingleside also is a favorite book where a baby is found.

·       This story was great on audiobook.  I loved the narrators. The story is told through three points of view -  Daisy, Tilly, and Mason.

·       The setting was in a fictional seaside town in North Carolina.

·       I would classify this novel as a family drama and contemporary romance story.

·       This story focused on what does it mean to be a family?  Can you forgive a past wrong?

·       It did like Daisy was skirting some professional ethics at work with Baby Mason.

·       I enjoyed the mystery of figuring out who abandoned the baby as well as Daisy and Tilly’s pasts.

Overall, Summer State of Mind by Kristy Woodson Harvey was an entertaining contemporary romance and family drama that I greatly enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment