Do you ever have déjà vu moments? I certainly do.
Kate Willis is a consultant for the Division of
Perceptual Studies at the University of Virginia. Her latest task is to interview a six-year-old
girl, Henley, about the past life she remembers. As Kate interviews her, she realizes that
Henley remembers the life of her friend Becca that disappeared from summer camp
24 year ago. Henley remembers things
that only Becca would know. Kate knows
more about Becca’s disappearance than she ever let on. What happened to Becca? Why does Henley have her memories? Is she the reincarnated Becca?
My thoughts on this novel:
· I liked the haunted lake and the grey lady legends. This spookiness fits into things that happened at the camp in the past and Becca’s disappearance.
· The setting was a great atmospheric setting that also set the mood for the story.
· This story moved rather slow for me, especially in the middle, but it felt rushed at the end. This strange pacing lost a star rating from me.
· I would classify this book as psychological and paranormal suspense.
· Kate annoyed me at times, especially in her treatment of Henley.
· I did enjoy the mystery and the resolution of the story. I don’t want to get too much into it and ruin it for others.
· This would make a great spooky season read.
Overall, The Girl in the Lake by Lauren Oliver was a haunting
suspense story that would be a good read for the fall spooky season.

No comments:
Post a Comment