What is your favorite dessert? I love so many it’s hard to pick one. One favorite is cherry pie.
Cousins Nora and Allie travel to Scotland to claim an
inheritance for their Gran. They meet
interesting new people as they stay in a cottage in the town that their Gran
grew up in. This trip is also a time to
explore Scotland in the fall and spend time together. Besides being plagued by delays, Nora and
Allie discover that their Gran had kept a secret from them. What was the secret and why did she keep it
from them?
My thoughts on this novel:
· This book really made me want to visit Scotland with the wonderful descriptions of the scenery, food and people.
· This book is number three in the Suitcase Sister series, but I read it as a standalone novel, and it worked just fine.
· I liked that the trip got the two both thinking about their lives and where God was leading them.
· I loved that the inheritance was a library. If only I could inherit a library! Their mission was to retrieve their Gran’s diary from the library and then sell the contents of the library.
· Scottish shortbread sounds delicious, and I would like to try some. There is a great recipe in the back of this book that I need to try out!
· This was a sweet romance, clean read, contemporary, and inspirational read.
· Allie and Robin get annoyed with each other at times but work through it. Allie owns a successful skincare company with her husband and feel like she really needs to get back and not spend time in Scotland with Robin. This puts a strain on things at first. There is more to this, and it slowly comes out in the story.
· Recipes, discussion questions, and a look at the author’s next book conclude this story.
Overall, Shortbread in the Highlands by Robin Jones
Gunn is a delightful, cozy story set in Scotland with a hint of mystery and
romance. I enjoyed it this summer and
the fall setting also makes it a perfect fall read!
Book Source:
Thank-you to @robingunn @revellfiction @greatreadsbookpromo for the
review copy as part of the Great Reads Book Promo tour.

No comments:
Post a Comment