Sunday, September 13, 2026

The Labours of Hercules by Agatha Christie



Title:  The Labours of Hercules

Author:  Agatha Christie

Narrated by:  Hugh Fraser 

Publisher: HarperAudio

Length: Approximately 8 hours and 43 minutes 

Source: Purchased from Audible

Do you read short stories?  Do you have a favorite short story?

In this Hercule Poirot collection, the famous detective takes on twelve mysteries in the twelve short stories.  Each one is related to the Labours of Hercules in Greek mythology.  Poirot wants to solve these cases before he “retires.”  Since he spends fifty years coming in and out of retirement, I’m not sure that solving these mysteries will put him over the edge.  

My thoughts on this collection:

I read this in June for the #ReadChristie2026 challenge.  “Best short story collection” was the theme for the month.

I enjoyed this collection and found it to be very entertaining.  I like the links between the stories and how each case was unique.

I listened on audiobook and Hugh Fraser was a great narrator as usual.

The stories were very loosely connected.

In the first story, Poirot finds a missing dog which I enjoyed.

Overall, The Labours of Hercules by Agatha Christie was an entertaining short story mystery collection.  Was it the best Christie short story collection?  I guess I need to read all the rest of her short story collections to decide for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment